Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Womp womp womp

So today was one of those days. Actually no it wasn't. I was having a really good day until I was told someone complained about my bad attitude at work. I ended up getting really upset because, to be honest, I did have a bad attitude the day that the customer complained about my behavior. It made me realize that I've been a bit of a puss lately...I can't seem to get my head out of my butt and just relax. Yes, I'm working full-time for the first time, but everyone does that. It is no excuse to be rude.

So I cried a bit because I was being a little baby.

I watched Sleepless in Seattle because I love Tom Hanks (and Tom Hanks with Meg Ryan is double great) and I can't pass up a good love story.

And then I made "Mac 'n Cheez". I got the idea from Gabriella at Une Vie Saine. I tweaked it a bit.

This is the recipe she provides...its called Lazy Girl Mac n Cheese

- 4 oz / 2 servings uncooked pasta (I used brown rice fusilli)
- 1 T non-dairy margarine (I used Earth Balance, olive oil would also probably work)
- 4 T hummus
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 2 T water
- 1/2 c Daiya cheddar cheese shreds
- 2 T non-dairy milk, warmed for about 30 seconds in microwave (I used unsweetened almond)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- vegetables of choice (optional)

I used Sabra Pine Nut Hummus, and I don't think it was 4 T...it was just whatever I had left in the container...I think about 3 T. I substituted ground cashews for the nutritional yeast, nixed the water and used mozzarella Daiya cheese. I added tomatoes like she did as well.



I have to say it was pretty darn good for a non-cheese-mac-and-cheese. It definitely satisfied my craving for some comfort food.

That is alll...hopefully I can convince my roommate to go out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment