Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Proud Mama

This weekend was relatively uneventful. I worked...obvsssss. But work is old news. I plan not to talk about it much unless a really funny customer walks in the door. I actually had one yesterday but it would be out of taste to relate the hilarity of my encounter with her.

Basically she was off the boat. From the Far East. I will end there. 

BUT big things happened in the kitchen of our apartment last night. I emerged from my room half awake around 6 and found my 3 roomiez making food in the kitchen. Dana, accomplished in the kitchen already (see cupcake picture) was making her moms Sweet and Spicy Italian Sausage with Peppers. Can't say I had any but it smelled mighty good! (hey, even though I don't eat meat anymore doesn't mean I don't like the smell of it. Or the way it tastes. I might get into that more when I talk about veg-ism).

But Dana never surprises in the kitchen; she knows her way around. She's good. She makes some bangin' food.

The real excitement was built around Kristen (from now on Keeks) and Jess (from now on...Jess). Kristen made quesadillas--ON THE STOVE mind you--and some mashed up avocado with sweet onion and peppers, a guacamole of sorts. It was mighty delish.

Dana's photoskills. Kristen's crazy eyes.

Keeks also makes this really good salad that she eats on the reg. I'll have to get it from her and share it with you all sometime. 

Wittle Jess surprised everyone, herself and her own mother included, when she banged out crab dip for dinner. She was mixing her ingredients at the table and I was sitting with her, somewhat zoning out because I had just gotten out of bed. And this is what ensued:

Jess: NOOOOO ;askdjfasj *slur of random curses*
The entire kitchen stopped what they were doing and turned and looked
Jess: I was looking at the recipe and thought the mustard was the mayonnaise!

She put 2 tsp of dried mustard in, when really she should have but 1/4 tsp in because the recipe called for a half and she was halving the recipe. It was funny. She fixed it. And apparently her crab dip was amaze-balls as well, but I did not partake in the tasting as it had all sorts of yummy dairy. I think my body would go into gastric convulsions if I were to eat crab dip at this point. But props to Jess on her crabby dip!

Jess was also tricked by Dana into making banana bread muffins.

Dana: Jess you wanna help me make banana bread??!
Jess: Ehhh...
Dana: We can sing and dance while we do it!
Jess: Alright.

About an hour later Jess was proudly holding the plate of muffins that she made all by herself. Under Dana's watchful eye of course.

I know the effect is weird on this. I couldn't figure out what to do with it...sorry. I just realized she kinda looks like a vampire now.




I didn't make anything spectacular for dinner...just some flatbread pizzas with tomato sauce and Daiya Mozzarella cheese. 

I would also like to take this time and show you something that I like to eat now.



Vans Frozen Waffles!! These pictures were taken at home. I wasn't a big fan of the Apple Cinammon ones my mom had, but I think they were a little freezer burnt. Just look at how pretty that breakfast photo is....gad I miss our sunroom. I also didn't like them with syrup.

I have a package of the flax flavored (?) ones. Can they even be flax flavored? I don't know. They just say flax where the other package in the picture says Apple Cinammon. I pop them in the toaster, pull out the peanut butter and apple butter (that my brother's girlfriend made with the apples from her own property!! *shout out Shannon, the only person who reads this*), slather the spreads on, and eat with a sliced banana and some chia seeds.

Om nom nom nom.

I suuriiously suggest it.

Obviously I haven't taken a picture of it yet because I get too distracted by actually eating the food before I capture it. I don't know how food bloggers do it, taking pictures of everything they eat. I have much to learn.

Alrighty ta-ta for now! Time to go get hydrated and do my workoutskies.

No comments:

Post a Comment