Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Bad!

I left you guys hanging.

Cliff hangers are frustrating endings...especially when food is involved. I mean, how terrible is it to leave someone hanging on an empty stomach. I apologize.

I ended up modifying and combining a few recipes that I found online into my very own unique lunch. I wish I was disciplined enough to have measurements but I can give you rough estimates.

I promise it didn't taste like vomit. My phone just makes everything look that way.

 Kale, Quinoa, and Roasted Tomatoes Salad
3 Stalks of Kale, cut from the stems and sliced/torn into strips
2-3 Vine Ripened Tomatoes
a couple cloves of garlic...judge based on your taste
1/2 zucchini, quartered and slice
about a handful of chopped onions
olive oil
1/2 cup red quinoa
homemade or store bought pesto of your choice

OK so make your tomatoes (your choice of what kind). Slice them up, toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper, place on a baking dish, mince up some garlic and sprinkle over top of the tomatoes. Throw them in the oven for about 2 hours at 325 degrees.

Once they're done make your quinoa according to directions on package. While its simmer, saute the onions and zucchini together, throw in the kale a bit later.

Combine the cooked quinoa, vegetables, and roasted tomatoes in a bowl. Mix in about a tablespoon or so of your faaave pesto, sprinkle some ground cashews and nom out.

I should mention that I made my own poor excuse for pesto...grabbed some basil from mah porch, threw in some garlic, olive oil, and ground cashews, attempted to process it without a processor, and bam...you got some average pesto.

So that was my lunch. Sorry I took forever to get it to you all. Maybs I'll grace everyone with a proper post tonight. But probably won't until tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I saw your comment on Elise (Hungry Hungry Hippie's) blog and thought I'd pop over and say welcome to blogland! =)

    That salad looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete