Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This blog is a bit backwards

I started this blog to help me track my "healthy vegan/vegetarian eating experience" and to throw in some commentary about how great at keeping up with my fitness I am.

But instead I choose to post recipes about baked things that aren't completely healthy.

Like the chocolate chip cookies from last week.

Don't worry. I promise I'll start posting good things you can eat, like real food, instead of cookies and the cup-*wait for it*-cakes (5 dollahs to anyone who can name that show) that I'm about to post. Things that you can eat for lunch and dinner and breakfast...unless, like myself, you're OK with surviving on cookie dough and frosting.

If that's the consensus then I'll just stick to the baked goods.

No? Blast. 

ANYWAYS this beautiful morning I bring to you some cupcakes. I made these because it is Krissy Fusco's birthday on Thursday and I, the bad friend I am, move into my apartment today and worked last night so I was not and will not be able to celebrate her birthday with her.

So I made her cupcakes.

Peanut butter and chocolate cupcakes. Honestly, the pairing of peanut butter and chocolate is heaven on Earth. It makes my heart sing. And my stomach growl.



They were awesome.

Make them.

Nomz.

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
from the TastyKitchen Blog

1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegan margarine
1 (ish) tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup coffee

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet of muffin tins.

Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl.

Mix together the margarine, sugar, and coffee until well combined. Follow with the vanilla extract and the warm water.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet a little bit at a time until mixed. This batter comes out pretty thick

Fill the muffin tins 2/3 full of the batter. Put in the oven for-at the most- 25 minutes. I put them in for 25 minutes and they came out a little bit dense, I'm thinking if they were in for about 20-23 they would've been a bit more moist. Try it, you tell me!!

Awesome, Amazing, Beautiful, Lovely, Peanut Butter Frosting
from Sunni Mara Villosa  <--I'm not completely sure what this blog is...I typed in "peanut butter frosting without powdered sugar" into google and this came up


1 cup natural peanut butter (I used smooth but the recipe says you can use chunky)

1/4-1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup agave (the recipe called for honey...I switched it up)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 vegan margarine (the recipe called for butter, I used stick Earth Balance instead) barely softened


Make sure the peanut butter is well mixed before you measure it. Blend together the salt and peanut butter to taste. Add the honey and the vanilla, and finally the margarine. Keep in mind that the softness of the butter is very important in the recipe...it determines what the consistency of the frosting will be. 


Remember to let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting them!! 


SIDE NOTE I would like to discuss the proper way to eat a cupcake. The best way and the only way:


this guy has it right. I don't really know who he is...I typed in a youtube search because I wanted to give you all a visual and this came up. The girl in the video has it wrong.


hoorah.


 

1 comment:

  1. OMG ur parentss look soo inloveeee!!! I wANNA BE IN LOVE..anddd the spelling on ur entire blog is perfection, are you an English major or somethinng?

    ReplyDelete