Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Monday...no wait its Tuesday.

Eeks...I'm the worst blogger ever. But its how I roll.

So in the past week I've done some things. Ate some other things. Ran some distances. Worked some hours.

I would put up pictures of everything, except I didn't take many. And the ones I did take are atrocious. I really think the reason I procrastinate with the posting is because I keep wishing my pictures were better, but that won't happen until I buy an actual camera. Until then you'll just have to deal with my words and shabby pics.

I did do something cool...I got feathers put in my hair. Apparently its the new thing to do, but I did not find this out until AFTER I got them done. My best friend from home convinced me to go with her and get them put in *shout out Gretch* and I mentally prepared myself to get the heat from my roommates at school. I expected a few Pocahontas jokes, a "what the f*** is in your hair". Instead I was met with "Oh yea, I heard people are doing that now. Cool." Was not expecting that!! But I really like them. I got 3: silver, olivey green, and a reddish one. Again, no pictures but they're a bit like this but not as big.

Credit   
I really like them and I'll probably keep getting them put in.


One night for dinner I imitated the grilled tofu, tomato, and basil salad my mom made when I went home for the night. I couldn't grill the tofu but I did marinate and bake it. Clipped some fresh basil from my herb garden, threw in some tomatoes, and drizzled it all with the rest of the dressing and some ground cashews. Yummm.

 
Dijon Garlic Marinade (per my mother)
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup olive oil
2 T dijon mustard
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

I have a confession...I didn't have any red wine vinegar so I used apple cider vinegar and added a dash of red wine to it...innovation? I think so.

I also roasted sweet potatoes for the first time!


Garlic Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes
adapted from epicurious.com
Dice up 2 sweet potatoes, on the smaller side. Mince up about 3 cloves of garlic...depending on how much you love garlic. Chop up about a tablespoon of fresh thyme (again, from my herb garden) and toss all together with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Throw in the oven at 450 degrees for about 25-30, or longer until soft. I cut back the time a bunch because the amount is about half.

For work lunch and dinner prep throughout the week I threw together some quinoa and roasted up onions, peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini. Last night I had it all together with some raisins for dinner. I don't think I ate enough though and was hungry when I got home so I had toast with peanut butter and apple butter schmeared on top.

I don't have really anything else to say for now. Except I've been watching True Blood religiously. I realized I never saw the first season so I'm watching it now. And I watched the season premiere..undecided...but TB never disappoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment