Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

True Blood rules my life

This week has been pretty uninteresting so far. When I'm not sitting watching True Blood I'm either working or working out. I'm trying not to spend money right now. Its weird, the more money I make the more I want to save it, even though all of it goes down the drain to gas anyway. I'm so pumped for my work's location in Lancaster to open up. It would literally be a five minute drive from me. GLORIOUS.

On the topic of saving money, I had to budget my expenses for the week until I get paid. I feel old. And poor. Wehhh.

On the topic of spending money, I went a little bit crazy at the UnderArmour Outlet off of Route 30. My roommate just got hired as a floor person and she had to basically go buy her uniform. So jealous, she gets to wear workout clothes to work AND everything is 50 percent off for her. My other roommates and I tagged along and raided the clearance racks. I have been in desperate need of new shorts since freshman year when my friends started making fun of the ones I previously wore. I only really had about 2 pairs of wearable shorts for working out in, and one of the pairs was bright green. Not the cool neon green that's in right now (bought a pair of those at UA, they're pretty fly). I'm talking bright Kelley Green Irish Leperchaun style. They weren't cute. So I bought 3 more pairs of super comfy running shorts. :D

I was also really frustrated by something that happened Tuesday night. My roomiezzz and I were working out on the turf. It was a sprint workout and it was pretty late so it was already dark. We were finishing up and about to start Plyometrics and a patrol officer from our "police" force on campus walked up. He said that we weren't allowed to be on the field because it was locked. Mr. Officer, I understand you were only doing your job but let me complain a wee little bit.
  1. I am a varsity athlete at this school. During the fall, I spend 80 percent of my waking time on that field. 
  2. Me working out on that field is making me a better athlete, hopefully making our sports better, which will bring in more students. Allowing for you, sir, to have a job.
  3. Uhhh...our coach said we could hop the fence to hit around and work out.
  4. My athletic director WATCHED me hop the fence and do a sprint workout one day. (its not as creepy as it sounds, she was watching a tennis tournament at the same time)
  5. My family and I pay $54,000 a year for me to be a student athlete at F&M. I think I should be able to use the field when I want.
Again, this man was very polite and we left the field after a few questions were asked. He was only doing his job, but I really think it is a stupid rule.

In addition to buying clothes while simultaneously saving money, getting kicked off a field, and being completely obsessed with TB this week, I made some things.

and, you guessed it, I forgot to take pictures.

I re-hydrated some TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) in some vegetable broth and mixed it in with leftover steamed veggies and tomato sauce and ate it over some whole wheat pasta.

I also made Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bites from Love Veggies and Yoga. I threw some raisins into the mix too and added the cinnamon, making them chocolate-chip-oatmeal-raisin-y. They were pretty gooood. My roommates tried them and they placed the flavor well: they taste a bit like those Chewy Oatmeal Bars from Sunbelt. I took them to work for a little dessert flavaaa and they satisfied my craving perfectly.

OK that is all for now...sorry for the word overload. Boring life.

No comments:

Post a Comment