Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Introductions

Hello all! Or I guess I should say anyone out there who is listening, BUT I'll ere on the optimistic side and assume someone is reading this. Which I think is safer to start with because, if you think about it, blogging with no one really listening is like talking to yourself...and that's just a little sad.



Anyone ways, I figured I would provide some background information on myself. Like I said in the first post, I'm a college junior--I attend Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, PA and I love it. I'm an English-Creative Writing major with a "concentration" in Environmental Studies. I discovered a passion for sustainable living during the spring of my freshman here and since have been highly interested in sustainable eating. I guess I should say now that I have been a vegetarian since Thanksgiving of last year (2010) and I feel so great about myself in making that decision. I am currently taking the plunge into vegan-ism but I don't know if I'll be able to keep it up throughout the academic year (we'll see and obviously I'll keep you all updated).

Me, obviously studying hard to get into college.

I play field hockey for my college and I don't think I could have have gotten the transition to college without the help of the incredible strange conglomerate of girls that is the F&M field hockey team. I love them with all my heart, I have a passion for the sport that can't be beat by any multitude of bad practices and games. I'll place money on me becoming one of those crazy old ladies playing field hockey in 20 years in the old lady's leagues (anyone my age who plays field hockey against older women knows exactly who I'm talking about) and I have absolutely no problem with that. Those ladies kick a**.

As a matter of fact, this picture was taken seconds before I scored my first college goal. Woop woop yea


I grew up in Northern Maryland, in what I like to call farm country but is arguably a wonderful place to grow up. My mom and dad have supported me in everything that I do, and have forced me into a lot of things that helped me discover who I am: Girl Scouts? not so much; Field Hockey? they scored with that one. I used to live, breathe, and ride horses up until my freshman year in high school. It's something that I know I'll return to one day when I have the time and money. I have an older brother who I look up to for a multitude of reasons, but when it comes down to it he still makes me want to smack him upside the head sometimes. After all, he is a brother.

Just one of our Christmas Cards.


I'll go into more detail on my baking, cooking, and diet in another post. It deserves its own post as it has been a major factor over the course of my life, particularly in the past year.

Until next time lovliessss,
Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment