Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Flat start.

I decided to give going for a ride another try. My dad fixed up my bike all nice and pretty yesterday and I woke up early to hit the road with him before I head back to school. We made it less than 5 miles and *pssssssss* my tire popped. Daddio did a quick tire change while I watched, frustrated, and we wheeled our bikes out into the road. *PSSSSSS* the tire hissed mockingly at me and popped again. My dad and I just looked at each other and laughed. We tried to change the tube again and it popped in the midst of inflating the tire.

I don't think the Bike Gods want me to ride. Maybe they want me to make a sacrifice of my new running shoes.

Please don't make me, I love them too much.

But on another less fit, more fattening note, I made cookies again. I think I have a problem. A serious baking problem. Please, will someone fund my future so I can own a bakery? I'll be happy forever...no? I have to make it on my own? Alright, but these cookies will certainly help my case.




Chewy, Amaze-balls Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
adapted from my Momma's County Fair Prize Winning Cookies

1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
3 c old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2  tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 c vegan margarine (softened, I used Earth Balance)
1 c DARK brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar (to ensure that this is truly vegan, use vegan organic white sugar)
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 4 tbsp water)
1 T vanilla
1 tsp brown rice syrup
1 T apple sauce
2 c raisins

Preheat oven to 375 degrees, cover 2 baking sheets in parchment paper. Combine the water and flax seed and let sit for 10 minutes

In a medium sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients (oats, flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon)

Combine the margarine and sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Add the flax eggs, vanilla, brown rice syrup, and apple sauce.

Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet until well combined. Add in the raisins. (I'm estimating the 2 cups, I did 2 very full handfuls).

Use a medium sized melon scoop and place cookies on a baking sheet about 2 inches away from each other. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 8 minutes. When removed, let sit and cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.



Now go bake them, eat them, and you can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment